Chat-bot is the new trend in tech and marketing, consumers love it. The ultimate goal of any brand or business is engaging their customers and this is now possible with artificial intelligence. Online marketing agencies believe that engagement in today’s day is all about conversational marketing. Conversational Marketing helps turn awareness into action, nurtures bi-directional communication and learns about their customers in their own words.
At the same moment, there is another curious fact. 64% of consumers search online before making a purchase, which means that even those who favor offline shopping spend some time looking online before this.
That is where chatbots can become one of the most vital channels for your retail business. This model will better work for the products with little involvement like clothes or accessories. Furthermore, chat-bot helps you to ensure your customer with a personalized experience.
The above can be achieved easily by having chat-bots for online shopping websites. Many brands have already started integrating this concept to provide better customer service to their target audience, recommend products and drive sales.
According to a recent study –
- 1 in 5 consumers would consider purchasing goods and services from a chat-bot.
- 40% of the consumers want offers and deals from chat-bots.
- Consumers are willing to spend a high sum of money even through chat-bots.
The advantage of e-commerce chat-bots is that not only does it offer a new channel for people to find deals and make e-commerce purchases, but it also it helps the consumer to identify what products they would want and need.
A Top Digital Marketing Agency in Mumbai has listed 7 reasons why chat-bots are essential for e-commerce.
- Scales up operations.
- Handles a lot of customer queries.
- They can assist customers in getting the right product or service.
- Selling to the millennial.
- Aides in marketing content through the online channel.
- Can be used for a highly interactive marketing campaign.
- Drives up organizational efficiency.
Chat-bots for e-commerce are beneficial in many ways and can be used to do the following:
- Improve shopping experience by reducing wait time.
- Retain and re-engage customers by sending messages.
- Provide 24×7 support.
- Avert shopping carts from abandonment by reminding visitors about the unfinished orders and providing answers to common questions.
- Reduce expenses by reducing the number of chat operators or eliminating them.
Automation technologies are taking over all the spheres of our lives, be it the development of smart cities, smart homes, automated workspaces or technologies like smartphones and digital personal assistants. With every new development, we are moving a step closer to a more connected and digital future. Industry experts are undivided in their outlook that the chat-bot technology is still in its beginning. We are only scratching the surface of what a chat-bot-enabled future may look like.
One thing is pretty clear though, chat-bots are here to stay, and their development will impact both businesses as well as consumers. The present implementation of chat-bots in the customer service industry offers businesses a doorway to understanding the future uses of chat-bots for different aspects of business operations and also highlights some benefits of e-commerce chat-bots. Moreover, it is only through trial that we can discover innovative ways of implementing this technology further.