There has been a shift in the way marketers attract an audience. They no longer rely on photoshopped models of billboards and lifestyle magazines. Instead, they use YouTube as it has become the leading source of referral for major cosmetic brands today. YouTube is the new beauty counter and content creators are the new editors. As YouTube attracts much larger audiences than traditional print media and television channels, Video Marketing for Beauty Products has now drastically increased. Brands have started collaborating with YouTube Beauty Influencers to promote their products.
A study conducted by Pixability, a video advertising firm that delivers social media campaigns, displayed that the beauty category on YouTube is seeing a considerable growth. The number of videos uploaded in one month in the year of 2015 was three times more than the number around the same time in the year of 2013, which were roughly 1.5 million beauty videos. It surveyed how top video producers within the beauty industry have gained recognition and earned loyal followings that brands desire.
Below are some facts stated from the study conducted by Pixability, which show the influence of YouTube on the Beauty Industry:
- $111 Billion – Combined value of top beauty brands
- $265 Billion – Expected value of beauty business
- 9 Billion – YouTube beauty-related video views
- 1 million – Average number of channel subscribers for YouTube’s top 15 Beauty Vloggers
- Over 123 million total beauty subscribers
- 700 Million – Monthly YouTube beauty video views
- 20% of views resulting from channel subscribers for top 10 vloggers VS 25 of views resulting from channel subscribers for major beauty brands.
- 45,000 – Non-brand affiliated YouTube channels specializing in beauty topics.
A study conducted on Video Marketing, conclude to the following statistics:
- 87% of online marketers use video content.
- 82% of Twitter users watch video content on Twitter
- YouTube has over a billion users, almost one-third of total Internet users.
- More than 500 million hours of videos are watched on YouTube every day.
YouTube is a very important digital marketing platform today. There are 1 billion unique users on YouTube each month and 100 hours of videos are uploaded each minute. This helps marketers to reach their audience effortlessly. It also helps in capturing attention easily, which in turn increases the traffic volumes. YouTube provides many Viral Marketing advantages, as videos can be easily shared online leading to social media integration.
There are many ways in which the Beauty Industry can increase their visibility and attract potential customers through YouTube. Teaching viewers how to do something is a very effective way of reaching out to people. “How to” searches on YouTube are growing 70% every year. “How to” videos make up 45% of all the beauty related content on YouTube. They could also think of collaborating with YouTube Influencers on Beauty Videos since above 65% of search results on beauty products and brands belong to influential beauty vloggers.
Video Marketing for the Beauty Industry has proved to be very profitable. Video Marketing Companies in Mumbai suggest that videos build trust, which is the foundation of conversion and sales. Apparently, a website is 53 times more likely to show up first on Google if you have a video in it. Videos also appeal to mobile users, since they tend to watch videos on the go and it can be easily accessible. 90% of consumers watch videos on their mobile.
Video marketing is versatile, attractive and an extremely shareable medium to reach a target. Also, due to technology advancement, it is becoming easier to reach the audience and hence makes Video the king of content marketing.