With new strategies and concepts coming out every day, the internet has become revolutionary and vast to an extent where you can do almost everything possible on it. One of the most popular aspects, a crowd favorite, a platform which has got the masses hooked, is social media. With a massive chunk of the population using social media platforms daily, whatever new concepts come up on social media, gain wide popularity and recognition. One such concept, which took social media by storm, is live streaming.
Big platforms like Facebook and Instagram wasted no time in taking this concept and making it a part of their platform. Since the time these giants and digital marketing agencies added live streaming to their offerings, live video streaming marketing has experienced growth like never before.
We must first take a look at the history of video streaming and its evolution in order to understand why live streaming is the future of social media. One look at YouTube and Facebook, and you will see the potential in terms of growth in users and revenue. In 2015, YouTube generated more than $9B in revenue. It receives more than 4 billion daily views and has more than 1 billion users worldwide.
Facebook recently reported that their new live video feature was a big reason for a strong quarter of their financial year. The site said it saw 8 billion video views a day from 500 million users. Following the footsteps of YouTube, Facebook has started to slip in ads to these videos, thus delivering these strong results.
When developing a live streaming marketing strategy, here are a few things which should be kept in mind:
- Informative Teaser: People should know when you’re planning to go live on Instagram/Facebook. An improvement in views and engagement will be seen if you give a heads-up to your followers.
- Rough script: Even though live streaming is all about being spontaneous and authentic, Drafting some bullet points and performing a few test runs before going live is a great live video screening marketing strategy
- Keep your content fresh: Sometimes, if people try too hard, they make the live streaming feel too much like a forced and obvious advertisement. This can often put off a user. Always come up with new fresh content which pleases the customers and makes them want to come back.
- Remember your brand: As part of your marketing strategy, you should have a simple theme that embodies why your brand is the best choice for the consumer. Your live streams represent your company and brand. So make sure to stay on message and remain consistent with good quality content.
- Sell a feeling: A very important aspect is, knowing your audience, their needs and their interests, and then creating engaging content that connects with them.
Here are a few statistics to show how a good video marketing strategy can make live streaming an integral part of a company’s marketing strategy –
- 80% people would rather watch a live stream from a brand they follow than read their blog.
- 82% people would rather watch a live stream from a brand they follow than read a social media post.
- 78% Facebook users are already watching live streaming on the platform.
- The viewership of desktop users is unimaginably high, with live streams earning an impressive 34.5 minutes of viewing time, with standard videos only getting 2.6 minutes.
- 73%of B2B companies state that video marketing gives them a positive ROI.
All of this being said, and the statistics being shown, live streaming videos are a blessing in disguise for company’s advertising on social media. With the right marketing plan in place and good execution, this can surely help your company achieve its goals and be as successful as you want it to be!