The Content Marketing Institute (CMI) defined content marketing as “a strategic marketing approach focused on creating and distributing valuable, relevant, and consistent content to attract and retain a clearly defined audience—and, ultimately, to drive profitable customer action.”
Content is a powerful engagement tactic for marketing across all industries & sectors. Even though people are aware of the importance of having a good content strategy in place, there is still a struggle to consistently create high-quality content.
The healthcare industry, like any other, falls under the above claim. But, with ever-changing laws and regulations, regulatory committees are constantly monitoring every bit of promotional information – making the healthcare industry a challenging one, on the content strategy front!However, content marketing has proven to be a cost-effective way to reach your audience in the healthcare industry. Healthcare is the second-most searched-for service online. Both patients and healthcare workers looking for more information are searching for this on the internet. This is why healthcare digital marketing is of extreme importance.
By using a tactic like content marketing, healthcare providers can become thought leaders in the industry and attract loyal followings in the meantime. Digital Marketing companies in Mumbai have a specialization in this field and can help healthcare industries efficiently with this.
As with any strategy that delivers results, you want to be clear on your goals from the start. Do you need to drive volume to a specific service line? Are you trying to raise awareness about health factors? Use these goals of yours to help create a content plan, then design your strategy to help the right consumers find the right content at the right time.
Ever wondered what the best healthcare content marketing platforms are? With a rapid increase In competition, it is surely hard to analyze this and come up with a conclusion. Here are some of the leading content marketing platforms –
- CMO by Adobe
- GE Reports
- BufferApp Blog
- Intel IQ
- Content Loop by CapGemini
- Red Bulletin
- P&G Everyday
- Airbnb City Guides
In the healthcare industry, as in every other industry, it is important to measure the impact and success of content marketing and strategies. Healthcare content marketing’s success can be measured through a 4 step process –
- Discovery – The most important and primary step is to make sure your content is easily discoverable for the target audience. If they can easily access it and read it, you have cleared the first hurdle faced by many.
- Engagement – Once the problem of discoverability is solved, it is important that the content engages the prospective consumer. People have a short attention span, and if the content seems even a little boring, the consumer won’t think twice before ignoring it. So we need to make sure it is fun and engaging.
- Conversion – To drive business results, the content will need to be measured by how well it can advance the reader further into the Buyer’s Journey. Use a Call-to-Action for each piece of content in order to guide them towards establishing a deeper relationship with you and nurture them into a paying customer eventually. Online marketing agencies are often necessary to maximize results in a systematic and efficient way.
- Social Share – Get in touch with the people who have shown interest and interacted with your content in order to convert these audiences into buyers of your product/service.
These points will help you evaluate and find out the best possible content strategies and their success rate. The use of content marketing for healthcare brands will give you successful results if executed efficiently after proper planning.