The customer doesn’t think of it that way, and we can’t either.”
– Doug McMillon, CEO Walmart
The truth is, real-life experiences shape our preferences and memories much more profoundly than what we read or see via any media.With growing popularity of Digital Media, today we all are living a ‘Virtual Life’. However as proven by a recent study, it shows that Audience remembers &recollect encounters – from what they saw or heard to whom they met- – far longer than the review of what they read in online networking, a website, an e-Newsletter or a contextual analysis. Live events are potentially much more powerful than any other marketing strategy, especially if you know how to engage your customers with the content they generate long after the event is over.
What is Live Event Marketing
What Wikipedia puts this as is that is a ‘marketing strategy that directly engages consumers and invites and encourages consumers to participate in the evolution of a brand during a Live Event. Rather than looking at consumers as passive receivers of messages, engagement marketers believe that consumers should be actively involved in the production and co-creation of marketing programs, developing a relationship with the brand’.
A live customer event offers you the biggest opportunity to showcase your brand and your content platform. How? With some simple strategic thought and planning, you can catapult a live event to an even higher level of efficacy and build your audience–as well as sustain and engage it long after they return to their offices.
DR’s Take: What & How it can be done
- Acquire Attendees & give them special gratification, access or a workshop if they socially share about the Event. When Vero Moda had their Super Saturday Sale, it ensured that people who registered Online were given special access and preview if they shared the link. This increased virality of the Event and also increased the footfall.
- Create various Content Strategies to engage the Audience on-ground. Various photo contests, video testimonials, stall activation ideas can be initiated to keep the users engaged.
- Generate Database & create a personal connect with the Audience by asking them to Like share & comment on your Brand’s Social Media Pages
- Follow-up with an Email or an SMS post the event asking for their feedback. This serves are a recall for the Audience.
All in all, Events have the potential to be your strongest content anchor. Live events build, sustain and engage those audiences you have spent so much time trying to acquire. And without a doubt, they are your most underutilized content marketing tool because they both anchor and engage that audience in the most relevant way.
How is your team using them? Email us so that we can help you tweak your strategy.